So, after my little self-pity party last week, I have decided that it wasn't actually helpful. I'm the only one who can sort this crap out and to that end I have (for the 1st time ever) made a couple of (early) new years resolutions.
1. I will try to maintain my sense of humour. It can be a little bit weird, but deal with it!
2. I will increase my income, so that I can do a few things just for me. (I have approached the boss for a payrise already, if he doesn't come through I will start applying for new jobs).
3. I will learn to say no, even to my son, and especially my brother.
4. I will buy more pretty undies.
5. I will have more sex (See 2 and 4 above)
6. I will stop expecting perfection from myself, realise and accept that we all make mistakes, without abrogating responsibility for those mistakes.