About Me

My photo
Single Mum of teenage chef, affectionately known as The Brat. Have started a new life at the tender age of 44, embarking on a relationship with my childhood sweetheart... I know cliche central, but so far it works for us! New job, new friends, new challenges. Life's GOOD!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tassie Babes... No Spoilers

Well finally something to write about YAY!

I promise no spoilers, as I know many of you have plans to see it in the future, so just an opinion from me.

Awesome night. The Brat came along with me, and we had a blast. The show was fast and funny, never a dull moment. The cast was hilarious, and VERY impressive in dealing with (what I assume were) minor bloopers. I have read the book quite recently, and recognised it in the play (always handy I suppose), but the adaptation included references to current events and technology, hysterical in the 80's setting.

Big congratulations to Girlclumsy and her cast and crew. Also to JB and Bedes. Top night, and I will probably return for closing night.

It was also great to catch up with some fellow burgers, though sadly I forgot to take photos. Maybe next time.

8 comments:

  1. What, no rollcall? Nobody forced JB onto a set of scales while he was on stage to see if he's lying through this teeth at our Friday morning weigh ins?

    Cheeseburgers, how could you miss such a golden opportunity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Quokka, rollcall:

    The ones I saw/met

    Birmo
    Girlclumsy
    Bedak & lovely wife Woody
    Beeso & wife (didn't meet her tho')
    Hughesy & G-Man (read her review)
    Drej (Broome Burger)
    Monster Yuppy

    There may have been others I didn't get to meet. For the weigh-in, maybe there's an opportunity at closing night. He will be returning with Havock, as will I most likely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun, Mayhem. I'm looking forward to going even more, now.

    Also glad to hear that GirlClumsy's preproduction anxieties were unfounded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe she upgraded from cap gun to stun gun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sitting in a corner, sulking. Wish I'd been there. Bah humbug.

    Thanks for the heads up about GirlClumsy - as I said on her blog, when we told her to "break a leg", we didn't expect her to actually go out and try to.

    I'll be thinking of you all with jealousy on closing night. Probably from this same corner. But next time, there will be martinis. Bah humbug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mayhem -- I do indeed have a kway teow recipe. A damned good one, direct from the street hawkers of KL. But I don't have an email for you!

    You can reach me at

    flinthartas at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mayhem!

    Thanks so much for your positive review - so glad you could make it along. It was certainly a night I'll remember, if that doesn't sound too trite. :)

    Looking forward to seeing you again closing - and all the other Burgers. You guys all make it so much more fun with your keenness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GC: Most welcome, I have booked my ticket for closing night. Please remind me to get out my camera.

    ReplyDelete

Faff is acceptable.